Saturday, March 20, 2010

Top 10 Chicken Questions for Spring!

Backyard Poultry Magazine (a great magazine for all poutry lovers, I recommend it highly!) recently published an article about the top 10 chicken questions asked by folks purchasing their first chickens, with the help of the Randall Burkey Company who sell poultry equipment and live chicks. Here they are:

1. Do I need a rooster for my chickens to lay eggs?

2. How long do chickens live?

3. What do I need to do when my chicks arrive?

4. At what age do hens start laying and how many eggs will they lay?

5. How much do chickens eat?

6. How big does my chicken coop need to be?

7. How many nest boxes will I need for my hens?

8. What is the best way to deal with internal and external parasites?

9. What is the best way to protect my chickens from predators?

10. How do I get my chickens into the coop at night?

The answers will appear in my next blog entry. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment